The first initial training can be spread over a day or two, depending on how large the team is and the individual commitments. The training days can either be carried out at the Team Leaders choice, or at our offices here in Rochdale.
This is an informative, fun and relaxing time with your team leader laying down foundations for your chosen trip. You will be looking at:
- The purpose of a short term team
- Team dynamics, and team building
- Cultural issues you will be crossing into
- Serving and Giving
- Practical Preparation (costs, health, luggage etc.)
- Your Spiritual Preparation as an individual and as a team
- What you will be doing
- Journalling and Evaluating
Depending on the team you have chosen to go on, will depend on how many times you get to meet up with your team before going.