Missionary Ventures GB is a charitable organisation, registered in England and Wales (1067612).
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when MVGB collects and uses your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully and if you’d like to learn more about our data protection and privacy policies or get further clarification, please contact us and we will be happy to assist.
Address: Director, PO Box 741, Rochdale, OL169QD
Phone: 07453080119 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We value your involvement in the work of MVGB and our ministry partners – we couldn’t do what we do without you!
This privacy notice explains how MVGB looks after personal information you give us or that we learn by you being involved with our ministry or our ministry partners, and the choices you make about marketing communications you agree we may send you. This notice explains how we do this and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We are committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Bill 2017.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information in the following ways:
Directly from you when you:
- Fill out one of our Newsletter forms
- Donate to a MVGB project
- Donate towards the support of an MVGB worker/volunteer/missionary
- Submit a Gift Aid declaration
- Apply for more information about serving with MVGB
- Contact us with an enquiry;
- Apply for a role to join our team in the UK.
- Are a church leader and have a partnership relationship with us
- Visit our website. Please see the Cookies Section for more information;
From other sources:
- We may use the Royal Mail’s postcode finder, National Change of Address update (NCOA®), the electoral roll, or other services to check the accuracy of the address we hold;
The personal information we collect
- Personal identifiers such as your title, name and year of birth;
- Contact details including postal address, post code, email and telephone number;
- Financial information such as your bank details;
- Whether you are a UK tax payer;
- How we first came into contact with you.
- Records of your contact with us.
Sensitive personal data
Sensitive personal data includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin.
MVGB is a Christian organisation and where necessary and consented to, we may collect details about your church affiliations and personal faith.
Additionally, we collect details about any health concerns or disability to assess suitability to serving with us as not all locations we serve are suitable for all people. We will also keep any data that you have disclosed to us so we can meet your requirements.
MVGB will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with greater care and process the information in accordance with the data protection regulations.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To supply you with any information that you have requested.
- To enable us to process enquiries and applications to serve in the UK or overseas.
- To enable us to process donations.
- To reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations, if applicable.
- When you visit our website, we may gather information about which pages you visit to help us improve and provide you with the best service.
- To determine and improve the effectiveness of our website and marketing campaigns.
- To keep you informed about our work. Please see more details in the Marketing Permissions Section.
- To enable us to contact you with relevant and the most appropriate information. Please see more details in the Fundraising section.
- For compliance with employment law and other statutory requirements.
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD PAYMENT INFORMATION
When you donate online or over the phone, MVGB will ensure that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. All credit or debit card details are entered directly into our card processing merchant services web portal and are never recorded or stored in any of our systems on completion of your transaction. We will never ask you to email us with any credit or debit card details.
We love sharing news about the difference that your support is making to our work. This includes sending you information about our work, news, appeals, campaigns, events, and prayer requests.
Email and text marketing:
We will ask for your permission to contact you by email or text for marketing purposes.
From time to time we may send you information about our work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post.
MVGB is committed to respecting your choice to receive marketing information. You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by:
- Calling our friendly team on 07453080119
- Emailing email@example.com
- Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in each email communication we send
Our news publications and website provide opportunities to donate towards our work. We send out occasional appeals by post to those who we hold an existing relationship with and those who have consented to receive them. You can contact us at any time if you wish to stop receiving appeals by post.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you such as your name, address, email address, phone number, in order for us to respond to your requests for information, apply to volunteer, for employment, be a ministry partner make a donation, come to an event or any other involvement with our organisation, whether contact is online, on paper, by email or over the phone. We may also collect payment and transaction information, IP address and CVs.
The information you give us may include relevant history which may suggest that for eg. you would be unable to participate in a team trip or fundraising challenge event or that certain requirements would need to be put in place for you to participate – such as allergies, pregnancy, other medical conditions etc.
For anyone under the age of 16, we will only keep and use their personal information with the consent of a parent, carer or guardian.
HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WILL BE USED
In law, we are allowed to use personal information, including sharing it outside the organisation, only if we have a proper reason to do so, for example:
- To fulfil our obligations to you regarding your involvement with MVGB ie. if participating in a fundraising event or being part of a mission team, processing donations, sending you mail and newsletters
- When it is in our legitimate interest ie. if there is a legal requirement to do so.
- When you consent to it, we will always ask for your consent to hold and use health and medical information.
We will not share your information with any other third party without your consent except to help prevent fraud, or if required to do so by law.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
MVGB will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. For example, HMRC requires that we keep a record of your name, address and Gift Aid declaration for six years from the date of your last donation. Where the information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have the right to:
- Request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information we hold about you.
- To correct or update your personal information processed by MVGB.
- To request MVGB to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) gives you the right:
- To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone. Please see the Marketing Permissions section for more information about how to change or update your contact permissions and preferences.
- To know about the cookies MVGB uses, so that you can decide whether to give us permission to store a cookie on your device. Please see the Cookies section for more information.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
MVGB may share your information with other MV offices in connection with applications to serve overseas. We may also share your data with trusted data-cleaning companies in order to remove incorrect addresses from our database. We will always enter a non-disclosure agreement with any such companies.
With these exceptions, and aside any legal obligation upon us to share your data, we will not share your data with any other parties.
We may from time to time like to send you information and news regarding MVGB and ministry partners which may be of interest to you. We will ask for your consent to receive marketing information.
If you have consented to receiving marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to third party suppliers of products or services. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org write to MVGB, PO Box 741, Rochdale. OL16 9QD
EMPLOYMENT / VOLUNTEER
The information we collect about employees/volunteers, the purposes it is used for and who it will be shared with is set out in our employment/volunteer contracts and employee/volunteer handbooks.
HOW LONG YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT FOR
We will keep your personal information only for as long as we consider it necessary to carry out each activity. We have a data retention policy to implement this. We take account of legal obligations and accounting and tax considerations as well as what would be reasonable for the activity concerned.
Unless you request otherwise, we will keep your information to contact you for 6 years from your last recorded involvement with the organisation, we are legally obliged to keep your name and record of financial transactions for this period of time.
Information about unsuccessful job applicants will be deleted after four months.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS KEPT
We restrict access to your data to our employees and administrative volunteers who have a specific need to use your data to perform their work. Your information is stored both inside and outside the European Economic Area on secure servers provided by Highrise HQ, Intuit, and Mailchimp, sending information via the internet is not completely secure, although we will do our best to protect your information and prevent unauthorised access.
Where your data is stored internally, we maintain physical and electronic security procedures to prevent unauthorised access to your data.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. This will normally be free, unless we consider the request to be unfounded or excessive, in which case we may charge a fee to cover our administration costs.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email email@example.com write to MVGB, PO Box 741, Rochdale. OL16 9QD.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
You have the right to ask us to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it.
For more information about your rights under the data Protection Act you can visit the website of the Information Commissioners Office.
We email e-newsletters to inform you about the work of MVGB and ministry partners. You have the opportunity to unsubscribe from e-newsletters at any time.
E-newsletters may contain subscriber tracking facilities within the actual email, for example, whether emails were opened or forwarded, which links were clicked on within the email content, the times, dates and frequency of activity. We use this information to refine future email campaigns and provide you with more relevant content based around your activity.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.orgor www.allaboutcookies.org
How to manage your cookie settings
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This data may include information such as your computers IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third part services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse data for the purposes of understanding usage patterns and improving our site design. As a visitor to the site you remain anonymous unless you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified).
Our website includes links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy notices.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you:
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or write to us at MVGB, PO Box 741, Rochdale OL16 9QD
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern: www.ico.org.uk/concerns/handling